Monday, January 18, 2016

FRIDAY ON MY MIND by Nicci French (fic)

This is the fifth book in the Frieda Klein series of mystery thrillers by the husband and wife team of writers known as Nicci French. One should begin with the Monday book of the series, to make sense of Frieda Klein and what moves her single mindedness in tracking down her nemesis, Dean Reeve.  The other books in the series have all been reviewed in previous postings.
The Nicci French team is particularly clever at building suspense and this book is no exception.  I read it in two sittings.  I won't say why, but once again, I felt let down when I finished the book.  To know whether this is the end of the series or it is to be continued, you must read the book yourself.  I can say that once you begin this series, you feel obliged to soldier on until the mystery is finally solved, good for the authors, but can be tiresome for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment